Abnormal Biochemistry: The body is apparently normal but possesses a different chemical base than that of Normal Humans. A key element in the body's chemical makeup is replaced by another element. The most common abnormalities are silicon replacing carbon, copper replacing iron, and cobalt replacing iron.
- Silicon-based life has a body temperature 40 degrees lower than similar carbon-based life.
- Copper produces green blood.
- Cobalt produces blue blood.
- In all these cases, acquiring food that fits the hero's metabolic needs is a problem. If the abnormal lacks a food supply, he'll have to seek one out. A lab of Remarkable cost can synthesize the necessary foodstuffs. For game purposes, assume the hero already possesses a steady food supply.
- Because of the different body chemistries, abnormals cannot donate blood or body tissues for transfusion into Normal Humans. Likewise, anything foolish enough to try to feed on the abnormal, like a lion or a Bio-Vampire, takes Good damage as it tries to digest what, to its system, is poison.
- Abnormals cannot interbreed easily with Normal Humans, even when their bodies are virtually identical. A hospital with Incredible facilities is needed top after the would-be parent's genetic material to a compatible type.
- Abnormals roll on column 2.
- Endurance is raised +1CS.